Version 0.6 First update since game jam! Possible sequel in works...
Most of these were planned during the game jam, a few more that were planned will be coming soon. Here's a list of what's changed.
- Fixed doors not working after about 40 floors
- Fixed civilians doing that creepy thing where they hover about a pixel above the ground
- Fixed red screen fading you into the game. (Yes that was a bug)
- Fixed lightning striking the same place 100+ times
- Fixed rain stopping off the left side of the building
- Added wall to right side of map so you can't walk off unintentionally
- Fire escape doors no longer sit on the ground, they are now part of the back ground as the rest of the hall way is
- Improved performance in several places
- Windows now appear at random, instead of all floors and always on the left.
- Made a better sprite for the windows.
A sequel is planned, however only because I wish to keep the original game in tact. I don't want to mess with the simplicity of it too much. It likely won't be a continuation of the story, probably just the same story told with a little more time spent to tell it. It would be nice if we could do it in 3D. I'm not so sure how much time I want to spend on a sequel, or if I really want to make one at all. Let me know if you would like to see a sequel, or just a few more(sort of major game changer) features to be added.
What I plan to add for this version:
- Update the sun sprite, and add a proper animation to it.
- Clean up the art in general, and add allot more variety to the clouds and fires.
- Remove the jump since we don't really use it at all.
- Polish up the existing features.
What I plan to do for a sequel:
- Obviously I would build off the existing game, just switching it to 3D graphics, but it would stay in a side-scrolling perspective
- Add a second ending where the whole world is on fire, instead of just the bright and shiny day outcome
- Add 'calls for help' coming from apartments where you would enter a separate mini game to extinguish the flames and rescue the resident
- Add 'no on left behind' where if you go up a story and leave civilians behind, you lose score for each civilian
- Add 'fog' and 'FOV' features. This would make the current floor be the only visible floor to the player, but also add a thick fog to floors with lots of fires.
- Make the civilians able to run to safety if there is no fire in the way.
- Add Fire escapes, which would lead up to the next floor via a ladder mechanic.
So in closing, let me know if you would like to see these features added to this game, or to a sequel, do you want a sequel at all? Are you excited the game is finally getting fixed and don't really care what I do with it from here? Let me know!
Get Storm N' Rescue
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.